| Project Co-ordinator: Mohammad Sanwar Hossain|
Project Name: Bakhrabd-Meghnaghat-Haripur Project
Cell No.: 01709 639688
Name of the Project : Construction of Bakhrabd-Meghnaghat-Haripur Gas Transmission Pipeline Project
Objectives of the Project :
To build gas transmission infrastructure in order to gas supply to the existing and future planned power plants with a view to augment the power scenario and aslo to Economic Zone , industries, commercial entities and other consumers situated in Meghnaghat power hub and Haripur, Siddhirganj and Araihazar area.
To construct 42″ OD x 50 km long 1000 psig Gas Transmission Pipeline (Capacity daily maximum 1000 mmscfd) from Bakhrabad of Cumilla to Haripur via Meghnaghat of Narayanganj to supply about 550 mmscfd gas to 6 (six) power plants each of capacity 750 MW, 584 MW, 583 MW, 400 MW, 450 MW, and 600 MW to be installed in Meghnaghat power hub area and also to supply gas to Economic Zone, indsustries, commercial entities and other consumers situated in Haripur, Siddhirganj and Araihazar of Narayanganj District.
Implementation Period: July 2021 to June 2024
DPP Approval Date : 08 June 2021
Source of Finance : GOB and Own Fund of GTCL
Estimated Cost : Total Tk. 130462.00 Lacs (GOB: 51259.00 Lacs and GTCL: 79203.00 Lacs)
Major Activities of the Project :
- Land acquisition (107.17 Acres) and requisition (226.72 Acres).
- Procurement of Line Pipes (API5LX70, 42”OD), Coating & Wrapping Materials, Induction Bends, Ball Valves and Gate Valves, CP Materials, Pig Traps and Fittings.
- Construction of 50 km pipeline.
- Crossing of 09(nine) rivers by HDD method on EPC basis.
- Installation of 02(two) regulating and metering station Each Capacity 300 MMSCFD and One Regulating & Metering Station of Capacity 600 MMSCFD on EPC basis.
Project Progress :
- DPP Approved by ECNEC on 08-06-2021.
- Issuance of no objection certificate by Department of Environment dated 13-01-2021.
- Completion of route survey along the pipeline route.
- Issuance of administrative approval by Energy and Mineral Resources Division of Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources in order to land acquisition of 107.12 acres and requisition of 226.72 acres.
- Issuance of approval from Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) for crossing of 9 rivers by Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD).