Project Location: Chattogram (Sitakunda & Mirsharai); Feni (Chhagalniya & Feni Sadar) and Cumilla (Chouddagram, Nangalkot, Laksham, Barura, Chandina, Debidwar and Muradnagar)
Implementation Period: July 2016 to December 2020 (1st Revision).
Project Cost (in Lakh Tk): 247,941.00 (GoB: 174432.00; PA: 73,489.00 and GTCL: 20.00)
Source of Finance: GoB (174,432.00 lakh Tk), ADB (54,381.86 lakh Tk) & AIIB (19,107.14 lakh Tk).
- To create necessary transportation facilities for supplying surplus imported re-gasified LNG by LNG Terminal from Fouzdarhat to national gas grid to meet the overall gas demand of the country after meeting the demand of Chattogram areas.
- To construct a 36” X 181.0 km X 1000 psig Gas Transmission Pipeline from Fouzdarhat of Chattogram District to Bakhrabad of Cumilla District via Feni.
- Construction of 36’’ diameter, 181 km gas transmission pipeline including 9 (nine) nos valve stations and 4 (four) nos pig launcher & receiver station;
- 4 (four) river crossing (Dakatia, Muhuri, Feni, Kalidas) by HDD method;
- Construction of 02 (two) town border station (TBS) at Mirsharai & Bizra;
- Construction 01 (one) metering station (MS) at Bakhrabad;
- Establishment of SCADA & Telecommunication system;
- Cathodic Protection system;
- Land Acquisition (372.1 acre) and Requisition (681.38 acre);
- Land development & Civil works;
- Resettlement Action Plan;
- Environmental Mitigation Plan;
- Safeguards monitoring & reporting.
Project Physical Progress:
- Land Acquisition & Requisition: Acquisition in Cumilla, Feni and Chattogram is completed. Notice for requisition (except Mirsharai) has been served but estimate for requisition compensation not yet finalized by DC offices.
- Procurement of Materials: Procurement of Line-pipe, Pig Traps & Fittings, Valves, CP & Coating Materials and Pipeline Induction Bends are completed.
- Pipeline Construction: 175km grading, 163km pipeline welding and 161km lowering completed.
- River crossing: 4 rivers (Dakatia, Feni, Muhuri and Kalidas) have been completed (total length 1.78km) by HDD method.
- TBS and Metering Station: An EPC Contract Agreement was signed with Valvitalia S.p.A, Italy on September 12, 2018. Finalization of Design documents and manufacturing are in progress.
- SCADA & Telecommunication system: Notification of Award will be provided by October 2019.
- Resettlement Action Plan:
To compensate the affected land owners on the pipeline right of way, Resettlement Action Plan has been established. For this purpose an NGO, Development Organisation of the Rural Poor (DORP) is working and three committees (PVAC, GRC, JVT) have been formed. Also one external monitoring expert has been assigned for monitoring the resettlement action plan implementation according to the donor agencies policy.
- Environment Clearance:
According to the conditions of the environment clearance, Environment Mitigation Plan (EMP) has been prepared and progress has been monitoring during construction. A Grievance Redress Committee (GRC) has also been formed in this regard.
Overall Project Progress (in percentage):
Financial progress up to September 2019 – 68%
Physical progress up to September 2019 – 75%