Project Director: Md. Ainul Kabir
Project Name: Chittagong-Feni-Bakhrabad Project
Cell No.: 01730-726836
Inauguration of Commissioning works at Fouzdarhat End, Ctg.
Project Location: Chattogram (Sitakunda & Mirsharai); Feni (Chhagalniya & Feni Sadar) and Cumilla (Chouddagram, Nangalkot, Laksham, Barura, Chandina, Debidwar and Muradnagar)
Implementation Period: July 2016 to December 2021.
Project Cost (in Lakh Tk): 247,941.00 (GoB: 174432.00; PA: 73,489.00 and GTCL: 20.00)
Source of Finance: GoB (174,432.00 lakh Tk), ADB (54,381.86 lakh Tk) & AIIB (19,107.14 lakh Tk).
To construct 36’’ dia, 181 km gas transmission parallel pipeline from Fouzdarhat, Chattogram to Bakhrabad, Cumilla in parallel to the existing 24’’ BKB-Chattogram pipeline for transportation of surplus R-LNG to national grid after meeting the demand of Chattogram region on upcoming importation of R-LNG by government of Bangladesh.
- Construction of 36’’ diameter, 181 km gas transmission pipeline including 9 (nine) nos valve stations and 4 (four) nos pig launcher & receiver station;
- 4 (four) river crossing (Dakatia, Muhuri, Feni, Kalidas) by HDD method;
- Construction of 02 (two) town border station (TBS) at Mirsharai & Bizra;
- Construction 01 (one) metering station (MS) at Bakhrabad;
- Establishment of SCADA & Telecommunication system;
- Cathodic Protection system;
- Land Acquisition (372.1 acre) and Requisition (681.38 acre);
- Land development & Civil works;
- Resettlement Action Plan;
- Environmental Mitigation Plan;
- Safeguards monitoring & reporting.
Project Physical Progress:
- Land Acquisition & Requisition:
Acquisition in Cumilla, Feni and Chattogram is completed. Payment/ compensation of requisition final estimate for 9 out of 11 Upazillas has been completed except Mirsharai and Shitakunda.
- Procurement of Materials:
Procurement of Line pipe, Pig Traps & Fittings, Valves, CP & Coating Materials and Pipeline Induction Bends are completed.
- Pipeline Construction (36” OD X 181 km pipeline and associated facilities: 9 valve stations, 4 nos Pig-Launcher stations and 3 Off take stations): The pipeline has been completed and commissioned by RLNG on 29-02-2020 and RLNG is transporting to National Gas Grid since 05-03-2020.
- River crossing: 4 rivers (Dakatia, Feni, Muhuri and Kalidas) have been completed (total length 1.78km) by HDD method on 17-9-2019.
- CP System: All station (6 nos.) completed and commissioned on 31-12-2020.
- Civil works: All civil works completed by 31-12-2020.
- TBS and Metering Station:
An EPC Contract Agreement was signed with Valvitalia S.p.A, Italy on September 12, 2018. Installation and Fabrication of main components are completed. Hook up of Bizra TBS with 8 inch gas distribution pipeline of Bakhrabad Gas Distribution Company has been completed. The balance work will be completed by October 2021. Physical progress is 87%.
- SCADA & Telecommunication system:
An EPC Contract Agreement was signed on 11-11-2019 with Nari Technology Company Ltd., China. All materials supplied at site and RTU room construction completed. SCADA RTU panel installation and Telecom Tower construction has been completed. Integration and commissioning works will be completed by October 2021.
- Resettlement Action Plan:
To compensate the affected land owners on the pipeline right of way, Resettlement Action Plan has been established. For this purpose an NGO, Development Organization of the Rural Poor (DORP) is working and three committees (PVAC, GRC, JVT) have been formed. Also one external monitoring expert has been assigned for monitoring the resettlement action plan implementation according to the donor agencies policy.
- Environment Clearance:
According to the conditions of the environment clearance, Environment Mitigation Plan (EMP) has been prepared and progress has been monitoring during construction. A Grievance Redress Committee (GRC) has also been formed in this regard.
Overall Project Progress (in percentage):
Financial progress up to June 2021 – 90.82%
Physical progress up to June 2021 – 92%